Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Thoughts of Inadequacy vs. Gospel Identity

Thoughts of inadequacy assaulting me 
Feelings that I don't belong
Looks of condescension directed at me
What do I have to offer?
What do I have to bring to the table?
No college degree
No notifiable skill or trade
Same job for quite a few years now
Still single
Of what use am I?

Yet these lies
They've been doing a good job
At deceiving me
They can be & have been 
Paralyzing & destructive
Coming straight from the Father of Lies
And the Gospel
Speak a more louder, truthful Word
In a tone of grace & assurance
Reminding my heart
That I belong to God Most High
Purchased by the blood of the Son
And sealed by the Spirit
Who I am, my life
Being Hidden with Christ in God
Wrapped up & bound up
In the Triune Godhead

So my worth?
It's found & realized in the Gospel
What do I have to offer?
What do I have to bring to the table?
Something of infinitely more worth
Than any skill or talent
More than any earthly achievement or accolade
It's nothing less or more
Than Jesus Christ & Him crucified

No comments:

Post a Comment